Thursday, September 2, 2010

Setting the Tone for the Semester!


To me, College is just another chapter in my “comic book” to success. College is an accomplishment but isn’t my ultimate goal. the idea of becoming a college student was VERY INTIMIDATING before I got here. I mean, there were a bunch of different thoughts going through my head, (about meeting people, classes, the amount of work i was going to have) but once I got here it was kind of like slaying the beast. I came in with a mindset that i could handle this and I did. But more academically college means that I will have to continue to push myself and try harder in the classroom to ultimately achieve my goal. Also being in college to me personally will help me to finally figure out what I want to do in my life. I mean I have a couple of ideas of what i might like to do, (become a writer, actor, comedian, game designer) but those are still in the “idea” phase and aren’t set in stone yet. I just hope that out of this college experience that I can achieve academic, social, and personal success. I mean being a college student means a lot to me. And potentially graduating will mean A LOT more. Just getting accepted to the University though was a personal accomplishment. It made me feel a lot more confident. It made me feel like I could do this thing called “College” and I could pass. And in passing and graduating from the University I feel like I would be completing the next chapter in my “comic book”.

-Captain DJ
-College Superhero

No comments:

Post a Comment