Saturday, September 18, 2010

Outcasts United Post




When I was told at orientation that I would have to read a book, I was so bummed. I mean I don't think anyone was relatively "thrilled" at the thought of having to read over the summer. And it wasn't number one on my list of things to do. But eventually I pained my way through the book.
Outcasts United was pretty much about a group of refugees that were forced to move from their homes in the Middle East and sent to the small town of Clarkston, Georgia. The group of kids that were forced to move ended up playing soccer for their town and it basically talks about the transformation of the town as a whole and how their charismatic female coach Luma taught them values and brought them together as a group.
It wasn't one of my favorite books by a long shot but it wasn't a horrible read either. Not something I would recommend to others, just because it wasn't really a book that I myself would pick up and read unless I was asked to. But if you want to check it out, once again the book is called Outcasts United and was written by Warren St. John.

Links:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/17/AR2009041701377.html
-College Superhero

No comments:

Post a Comment