Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Time Of Reflection

For this post I'm told to reflect upon my midterm grades as a whole. Overall, I'm not pleased at all where I am. I feel like I came into college with the highest of expectations but the classes I ended up taking didn't motivate me at all to succeed. This is not where I wanted to be but I'm usually a second half type of player. Meaning that usually in the first half of a semester I'm not meeting the par that I have set, but more often than not in the second half I bring it back. I put my mindset back into "game-time" mode. I think I haven't done as well as I expected is because I was immediately overwhelmed by the fact that absolutely EVERYTHING is on you. From the start your expected to get maybe 2 semesters worth of work crammed all into 3 months. That's a lot for me to handle considering at my high school I was helped out a lot along the way and teachers were a big help to me. But in college its the complete opposite, I'm beginning to realize that but when I first my brain wasn't ready for the college atmosphere and expectations. But to change that I've got to start to stay on top of my work for the rest of the semester to get to where I want to be by the end of this semester. But as for goals that I can stick to to keep me on my game for the rest of the semester I can:

1. Start to dedicate more time to studying.
2. Start writing down my h.w. in my planner again.

I feel like if I can stick to those 2 things for the rest of this fall semester I can get to where I want to be by the end of the semester.

-Captain Dj
-College Superhero

1 comment:

  1. Yea, ive been thinking the same thing too, i guess its time to really buckle down if you want to get the most out of college, time to put brain above brawn!

    ReplyDelete