Monday, October 4, 2010

Making that "Major" Decision

As you most likely know, it would be totally awesome to live out life as a superhero but thats not very likely. So, I'm in need of a "back-up plan" just incase the whole "superhero" idea doesn't work out. But I don't have an idea of what I would want to wake up and do for THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!! I mean, life is a pretty long time and college is basically the place where you will make your final decision on what you want to do for life, I repeat LIFE. I just haven't come up with anything that I think I would want to do forever and then willfully want to do it. But I do have a few ideas:

1. I always and probably always will LOVE video-games. Since childhood I was a gamer (back in the Gameboy and Gameboy Color days). And my #1 childhood fantasy was to become a "video-game designer". In other words, I wanted and still quite possibly do want to make video-games for the rest of my life. Its one of the only things I think I would wake up in the morning and want to do. I mean for me that would kind of be like a college basketball superstar finally going pro. Something I could see myself enjoying, but something thats EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE and not to mention the fact that hours and hours of math would have to be completed to even be though of as a video-game designer. But I feel like if I got to do anything with video-games; even a video-game tester or a programmer or critic it would be prestigious in my eyes.

2. As of late I always felt I would be a good writer. My English teacher from high school said that I could quite possibly make it in the "writing industry", and as I continued to think about it, writing for a magazine or even becoming an author and writing books would be really cool. I mean I never really found it a burden to have to write (unless it was like a 10 page essay or something) but when it comes to free writing and writing about things I enjoy I think my creativity and imagination could come up with some pretty interesting things. Also writing has a lot of different outlets. I could even write for a magazine  that writes about video-games which would give me the best of both worlds. So "writer" is definitely up there on my list.

3. I was thinking it would be nice if I were to become a teacher. I mean considering I got into a really good Education school. And I could teach elementary education like 3rd or 4th grade which would be really fun because kids are so creative and innocent at around that age. But if that didn't seem appealing enough, I could teach in college or as a professor and teach things like writing or something I enjoy.

So as you can see I have a lot of option but I haven't decided on what I think I would want to do.

-Captain DJ
-College Superhero

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this blog I had no idea there were so many differnt things you would like to do

    ReplyDelete